Eternal-WoW Facebook Eternal-WoW Twitter Eternal-WoW YouTube Eternal-WoW MySpace Share on Google+
Saturday, August, 30
    • Disable Livestream
    • Disable Slider
    • Disable Clocks
    • Refresh

For instructions on connecting to our 3.3.5a WotLK servers CLICK HERE

For instructions on connecting to our 4.X Cataclysm servers CLICK HERE

Lolester, Senior Game Masters 43 minutes ago
Eternal! Drink up your luck potion as Savory Deviate Roulette is about to begin at 02:20 ST!
Lolester, Senior Game Masters 3 hours ago
Remorse! Prepare yourself to face Wrath of The Lich King on Shattrath City at 00:10 ST!!
Barnex, Senior Game Masters 6 hours ago
Redemption! Illidan is planning an invasion of Azeroth! Meet him at Dark Portal and put an end to his evil plan at 20:25 st
Lolester, Senior Game Masters 8 hours ago
Eternal! Its time to see which faction is better Horde or Alliance? Group PvP Starts at 19:00 ST!
Austad, Super Game Master 12 hours ago
Remorse! The Titans are coming to destroy your cities! Prepare to defend them at 14:45 ST!

Board index Realm Connection Realm Discussion Eternal (3.3.5 - Instant 80 PvP)
Moderator: Senior Developer

Forum rules

DO NOT POST BUGS HERE!
Post them in our Issue Tracker.

Where does the donation money really go?

Post a reply Rate Topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. • 25 posts • Page 1 of 2 1, 2
#1 Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:34 pm
I quit eternal wow for work and other reasons and I have recently returned about one month ago. When I quit eternal I had stopped playing for about 5 months. When I use to play I experienced the occasional DC or lag about once or twice a day every other day and so on. Now you can't go five minutes of playing without a lag and you cant even look in the world chat without seeing someone complain about it. Face it, this server makes bank but its not preforming like it. Im sure everyone is getting about sick and tired of the servers performance and the constant denial of anyone doing anything about it, I know I am. So it ultimately leaves me with the question where is the money I spend on this server going and what the hell is it helping? Because its not the community of the server, its not the quality, and its sure as hell not benefiting us in anyway shape or form. So if someone could please explain in a non trolling, smart ass, unnecessary way. Where is my money going to?


Posts: 3,Topics: 2,
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 3:54 pm
Private
Donors
Karma: 0
#2 Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:55 am
landon1091 wrote: where is the money I spend on this server going and what the hell is it helping? Because its not the community of the server, its not the quality, and its sure as hell not benefiting us in anyway shape or form. So if someone could please explain in a non trolling, smart ass, unnecessary way. Where is my money going to?


The shortest most to the point answer ? ddoss protection, because the world's full of assholes that love to ddoss the server. also the reason for the random lag spikes.
Drez
A.K.A. #BestEvar
Image


Posts: 3539,Topics: 179,Images: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:03 pm
Location: Place with the bath salt zombies
The Exalted
Registered users
Karma: 22
#3 Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:09 am
landon1091 wrote:I quit eternal wow for work and other reasons and I have recently returned about one month ago. When I quit eternal I had stopped playing for about 5 months. When I use to play I experienced the occasional DC or lag about once or twice a day every other day and so on. Now you can't go five minutes of playing without a lag and you cant even look in the world chat without seeing someone complain about it. Face it, this server makes bank but its not preforming like it. Im sure everyone is getting about sick and tired of the servers performance and the constant denial of anyone doing anything about it, I know I am. So it ultimately leaves me with the question where is the money I spend on this server going and what the hell is it helping? Because its not the community of the server, its not the quality, and its sure as hell not benefiting us in anyway shape or form. So if someone could please explain in a non trolling, smart ass, unnecessary way. Where is my money going to?


Everyone from the staff will lie. You should not trust anyone, just don't ask. We all know where the money go.
Most of the money goes to their needs and not for the server. They never listen the players. They always will tell you are lagged cuz of your ISP. They always will tell you eternal never get lagged. Eternal always it's the best, and if you don't agree you are server/staff bashing. Thats why it's better to stop asking for this in the forum.
Image
User avatar

Posts: 148,Topics: 28,
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:06 am
Rival
Developers
Karma: 0
#4 Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:11 am
Money goes to pot n pussy.
i like titties and food


Posts: 60,Topics: 13,
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:44 am
Location: mehico jaja
Duelist
Banned
Karma: 10
#5 Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:24 am
Ilzu007 wrote:Money goes to pot n pussy.


ROFLMAO :lol:

Funny. But everybody wants to live, even Eternal-WoW staff.
Image


Beretta MM Hunter


Posts: 142,Topics: 20,Images: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:14 am
Rival
Donors
Karma: 1
#6 Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:37 pm
do u know how much the manager mattmeck earns a month?

or how much the monthly bandhwith cost?

does this whole website look like some pot n pussy ppl made all this?

bewsides that, with pot n pussy why care for wow at all`?


Posts: 84,Topics: 9,Images: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:59 pm
Duelist
Donors
Karma: 5


Advertisement
#7 Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:22 pm
The website is not that fancy, and it doesn't cost a lot for a .com host :)
Eki worst druid world
User avatar

Posts: 119,Topics: 5,
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:11 am
Rival
Donors
Karma: 0
#8 Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:26 pm
yonzy wrote:The website is not that fancy, and it doesn't cost a lot for a .com host :)

yeah hosting a .com site is easy. but hosting one with as much traffic as this? not easy.

post269835.html?hilit= rainy#p269835

Scroll down to Mattmeck's answer.


Posts: 695,Topics: 34,
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:24 pm
Location: On a boat
Conqueror
Donors
Karma: 4
#9 Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:35 pm
Even though mattmecks answer makes sense, i doubt that it's as bad as he makes it sound. no one would go through the things you have to to keep a server this size up without earning money


Posts: 5,Topics: 1,
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:36 pm
Private
Registered users
Karma: 0
#10 Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:44 am
If you think about how the server gives free accounts, I think it sort of makes sense that it would cost that much.
But I do not have any proofs so, I'm just saying. :dance:
"Gear <Skill <Latency" - True Story bro! Before you gloat, make sure it's a fair fight. ^_-


Posts: 43,Topics: 17,Images: 0
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:18 am
Location: Yangon
Private
Donors
Karma: 5
#11 Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:07 am
Company lunches at Dave and Busters!


Posts: 17,Topics: 9,
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:11 pm
Private
Donors
Karma: 0
#12 Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:53 pm
This is how i see cypher :3
Image
Image

Livestream Twitch.tv/wokergaming
My shaman guide http://eternal-wow.com/forum/post496388.html#p496388
Outfitter:http://tinyurl.com/d6u5h2m


Posts: 349,Topics: 31,Images: 0
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:51 am
Challenger
Donors
Karma: 0
#13 Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:47 pm
Image
All this plastic and tape covering the scars, trying to hide the blood and the bodies so no one will ever know. But you remember what happened, no matter how deeply you try to bury it. ―Nicole
User avatar

Posts: 450,Topics: 12,Images: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:16 pm
Location: The Empire State
The Patient
Donors
Karma: 0
#14 Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:30 am
We go through this all the time.

People dont believe anything we say so it is kinda pointless.

My answers form that other post hold true.

People also don't consider... we have been up for almost 3 years..... and someone who purchased an item 2 years ago, doesn't help us now.. And who is most likely to stay for a long time? Yep people that put money into it. So over a long time you see a lot of people with VIP items... but its not a monthly fee...


People also don't consider how many charge-backs we get... and the fees we are charged because of them. Depending on the month... 30-40% of all purchases are charged back and require cypher and his wife to waste their time fighting them.

And as stated before...

We have three of these (purchased outright)
6 Core - Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz (Board has another empty socket available for quick expansion)
8x - 15K RPM (6Gbps) 300GB SAS Hard Drives (RAID 10) (Space for another 6 drives available for quick expansion)
32GB DDR3 1333 ECC RAM (Space for another 32GB of ram for quick expansion)
DELL H700 RAID CARD (HUGE HDD PERFORMANCE BOOST!)


We have one of these for dev s to work on and another in a different location for our website. (purchased outright)
6 Core - Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz (Board has another empty socket available for quick expansion)
6x 10K RPM (3Gbps) 300GB SAS Hard Drives (RAID 10)
24GB DDR3 1333 ECC RAM (Space for another 24GB of ram for quick expansion)
Dell Perc 6/i RAID CARD


We rent a quarter rack at a data center, with 25 terabytes of band-with monthly, and multiple gigabit connections on each box.

We rent a slot at a separate data-center fot our site and it take ~10-15 terabytes a month.

We also have DDOS protection... and price those for 25 terabytes of band-with....

Now add in advertising, developers, web developers, etc etc etc.

That is where the money goes...

People seem to think we bring in Molten size purchases but they peak at over 20K and we peak under 3K. The money everyone talks about is what Molten would get.... not us.
Image
User avatar

Posts: 5601,Topics: 290,
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm
Elder
Banned
Karma: 49
#15 Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:06 am
I think people are exaggerating things. I know a friend who manages a small gaming server and it is truly quite costly each months. It is not like people are donating every single month. It is hard to finance such a server that eternal-wow gives, truly.
On the other hand, I also wish eternal-wow would do something about the lags on the realm, eternal.

Best of luck eternal. :pray:
"Gear <Skill <Latency" - True Story bro! Before you gloat, make sure it's a fair fight. ^_-


Posts: 43,Topics: 17,Images: 0
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:18 am
Location: Yangon
Private
Donors
Karma: 5
#16 Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:12 pm
sk13lance wrote:I think people are exaggerating things. I know a friend who manages a small gaming server and it is truly quite costly each months. It is not like people are donating every single month. It is hard to finance such a server that eternal-wow gives, truly.
On the other hand, I also wish eternal-wow would do something about the lags on the realm, eternal.

Best of luck eternal. :pray:



The lag on eternal is because of the DDOS protection, it adds way too much latency.. 75-150 to be exact.


But if we turn the DDOS protection off, we will be attacked and all realms will be down. So, once the idiot thas attacking us stops, we will take it off till the next attack and all will be good.
Image
User avatar

Posts: 5601,Topics: 290,
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm
Elder
Banned
Karma: 49
#17 Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:08 pm
So basically... it's impossible to "survive" without people PAYING for the server... not donating, PAYING...
If you guys actually received DONATIONS (it means it shouldn't have rewards), eternal wouldn't last till today...

I live in south america, specifically in Paraguay... it's a small country, and a poor one too... 75% of the population is in a state of poverty...

But here there's a WoW 3.3.5a server too... and it holds around 500+ players if I'm not mistaken... The whole server is running by only ONE person, a crazy dude that really put all his money to buy everything to run the server...
And that server hold without recieving ANY money from players, there was no donation at all, and people couldn't buy ANYTHING with $$... The server was completely free for more than 5 years now, and it still is... And it's even evolving in a good sense... Now they added a OF connection to one of the internet providers here (which I use)... so that players with that int provider can play in the server with only around 20ms (which is amazing)...

So considering all that... and since you guys are in USA (for me USA is like the paradise)... I STILL think you guys enjoy a portion of all the money you recieve... Maybe is not a lot, but I still think you put some money in your pockets for personal use... Too bad that's my thought... but I still love you guys :D You entertained me since 2009... I'm one of the oldest players you ever had (player that still plays)... And the funniest part is, I haven't spent A PENNY for you :lol:
Image

And who will give you strength when you're not strong?
User avatar

Posts: 602,Topics: 102,Images: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:53 pm
Location: Paraguay
Conqueror
Donors
Karma: 1
PostThis post was deleted by sk13lance on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:55 pm.
Reason: Awkward
#19 Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:53 pm
Denzo wrote:So basically... it's impossible to "survive" without people PAYING for the server... not donating, PAYING...
If you guys actually received DONATIONS (it means it shouldn't have rewards), eternal wouldn't last till today...

Eternal is a good server where it has free registration, hopes it'll forever be this way. It offers worldwide gaming different from local server so it is not surprising it'll have a little latency. Local server is different and almost all local server can have a latency of 40ms or less and not worry about DoSs attacks.

Basically, it's international gaming vs local gaming. Even my local server here has a monthly fee of 5 dollars. If latency is a problem, our latency playing locally is less than 40ms. Eternal-wow is an international so finance is a problem. Your country may function differently from others and visa-versa.

Currently, many of local players are moving on to eternal and therefore causing quite a problem here but they manage to find funds through other objective such as a local dota realm.

On to that guy who is doing that server for free, it may either he is extremely rich or fking love wow... may be both lol.

I've been to molten before and there is not much WotLK players. I personally like WotLK better since it's much more challenging where talents matters. :D

Eternal as a going concern has done a great job that it's able to continue without monthly payments, which many would agree. ^^ :clap: congrats eternal and keep up work!

-- Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:27 pm --

Denzo wrote:So considering all that... and since you guys are in USA (for me USA is like the paradise)... I STILL think you guys enjoy a portion of all the money you recieve... Maybe is not a lot, but I still think you put some money in your pockets for personal use...

Also I can't say I disagree but there is no proof too. I think eternal does but just a little, don't know about this for sure though, unlike my local server where they're a profiting group. =.=
"Gear <Skill <Latency" - True Story bro! Before you gloat, make sure it's a fair fight. ^_-


Posts: 43,Topics: 17,Images: 0
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:18 am
Location: Yangon
Private
Donors
Karma: 5
#20 Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:29 am
sk13lance wrote:
Denzo wrote:So basically... it's impossible to "survive" without people PAYING for the server... not donating, PAYING...
If you guys actually received DONATIONS (it means it shouldn't have rewards), eternal wouldn't last till today...

Eternal is a good server where it has free registration, hopes it'll forever be this way. It offers worldwide gaming different from local server so it is not surprising it'll have a little latency. Local server is different and almost all local server can have a latency of 40ms or less and not worry about DoSs attacks.

Basically, it's international gaming vs local gaming. Even my local server here has a monthly fee of 5 dollars. If latency is a problem, our latency playing locally is less than 40ms. Eternal-wow is an international so finance is a problem. Your country may function differently from others and visa-versa.

Currently, many of local players are moving on to eternal and therefore causing quite a problem here but they manage to find funds through other objective such as a local dota realm.

On to that guy who is doing that server for free, it may either he is extremely rich or fking love wow... may be both lol.

I've been to molten before and there is not much WotLK players. I personally like WotLK better since it's much more challenging where talents matters. :D

Eternal as a going concern has done a great job that it's able to continue without monthly payments, which many would agree. ^^ :clap: congrats eternal and keep up work!


The dude isn't rich, on an interview local news made to him a long time ago, he told the story of how the server started... He just said he loves the game, and loves to see people playing... He's not rich, there have been (and probably still there are) topics on their forums complaining about money, he has always said that he's short in money, and keeping the server up is costing him a lot...
Also I must say, the server is not completely local ofc... anyone can join, (but ofc the farther they are from here, the higher the latency)... I have friends who plays on this local server, and they live in Brasil...
Also, this guy just doesn't host a WoW server, he also hosts many other games... So it's a big community, I just told the WoW part...

About the money here, again I say I think they use something for personal consume... Which is also supported by their primary work... But I agree with what you say, there's no proof... so it'll stay like that for me unless Matt here admits he bought a big mac one night with Rayvon's money...

Denzo©

P.S: :lol: I just love Rayvon <3
Image

And who will give you strength when you're not strong?
User avatar

Posts: 602,Topics: 102,Images: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:53 pm
Location: Paraguay
Conqueror
Donors
Karma: 1
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
All images and content copyright 2014 by Eternal-WoW! All rights reserved.
No reproduction of this content without writen authorization.