Wed, August, 23
    • Disable Livestream
    • Disable Slider
    • Disable Clocks
    • Disable Effects
    • Refresh

For instructions on connecting to our 3.3.5a WotLK servers CLICK HERE

For instructions on connecting to our 4.X Cataclysm servers CLICK HERE

  • Bjergsen, Senior Game Masters 4 days ago
    Are you a dedicated, willing individual with a desire to help and support the community? Apply for GM today! https://goo.gl/qFGGAR
  • wonderchild97, Super Game Master 1 week ago
    Redemption! Save us all, and help defeat Archimonde The Defiler, who've escaped from Hyjal Summit @ ST 13:10
  • Bjergsen, Senior Game Masters 3 weeks ago
    Are you a dedicated, willing individual with a desire to help and support the community? Apply for GM today! https://goo.gl/qFGGAR
  • Surfacingx, Admins 3 weeks ago
    New Item of the Month is now up! Enjoy!
  • Bjergsen, Senior Game Masters 3 weeks ago
    Are you a dedicated, willing individual with a desire to help and support the community? Apply for GM today! https://goo.gl/qFGGAR

Board index Discussion News

Eternal-WoW Survey Results

Topic locked Rate Topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. • 76 posts • Page 4 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4
#61 Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:27 pm by kriken
DragonScales wrote:As you say a false assumption because they were asking for people with 5.0k gs and above you weren't even there so shut your mouth. It had nothing to do with how good i was at my class it had to do with what they were asking for again stop sticking your nose is business you know nothing about.


Considering I played Redemption for 4 years before I moved back to Retail I am pretty sure I know plenty about the realm, so next time get your facts right before you start shit you can't finish.
Image
Former Lead Helper and Donation Assistant
User avatar

Posts: 592,Topics: 72,Images: 23
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:00 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Conqueror
Donors
Karma: 34
#62 Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:42 am by darrian12
DragonScales wrote:Remorse: Hardly any one helps with the gearing process and or people do not want to run BT the amount of times needed from SR1-SR3 because they feel it really is unneeded. Because of the first reason new players are leaving without the needed help and because of the second reason if they even do get the help they get to a point where they feel they do not want to go through BT anymore multiple times. I also am not the ONLY remorse player who thinks this way


The gearing process is extremely wack, indeed. The very first issue is the fact that PvP and PvE players are bundled into the same gearing route, they shouldn't be. For the second issue, it's a pure grind fest, requiring you to farm mats that are there just to annoy you for no reason whatsoever. As for the third issue, BT isn't scaled properly nor does the questing logic make any sense(also who was the bright fellow who thought putting trash mobs as quest kills was a good idea? lmao).

The PvP balance has been rather..... horrendous as well, still better than other 255 servers tho.

All in all, the content is just outdated and needs a fresh new look should anyone wanna go up-hill with Remorse.
David.


Posts: 1443,Topics: 87,Images: 0
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:57 am
Location: The Netherlands
Ambassador
Donors
Karma: 233
#63 Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:38 am by Deftsu
Diethylamidex wrote:
    Dear Eternal Community,

    The results of the survey has been reviewed, a senior meeting took place and things will change. All senior staff was in attendance and know how the community feels.

    Your concerns have been met with open ears, be they scathing, critical or even praise. It is clear, many of you have issues with the way staff conducts itself. The status que is no more, the decay that ran rampant will be mended; we as a Staff, as a team, will work together to usher in a new era of transparency, professionalism and quality.

    Eternal-WoW Staff, will be changing and will be working on these key issues below.
    • Professionalism
    • Speed
    • Quality
    • Work Ethic
    • Attentiveness
    • Accountability
    • Transparency
    • Patience

    We as a whole, wish to thank you for taking your time to answer the survey. I also would like to assure you, that if you see Staff members, abusing, being unprofessional and just rude; it will be dealt with, with speed and without bias. Don't be afraid to report anyone, including Admins. Your reports will be looked at objectively and taken seriously.

    Thank you for reading,
    Community Manager Diethylamidex

The person delivering all of this "good news" is now banned.
Can we get an explanation as to why the person that is supposed to be representing the community and the staff team has just disappeared?
What a fantastic start to all these supposed changes.

e// I guess Kar was just a shitty choice for a community manager.
Last edited by Deftsu on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former DAA.
Image
User avatar

Posts: 1083,Topics: 151,
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:04 am
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Ambassador
Donors
Karma: 142
#64 Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:01 pm by DragonScales
@ Kriken you don't even play here you have no clue what happened and as i stated they wanted someone with a GS of 5k and higher so that ends that and to compare this to retail just a joke. Aside from that move on from me you must have a thing for me and spend all your time trying to put me down in all sorts of ways is just childish just move on man.

@ Deftsu I am sure we will all get an explanation soon "possibly"


Aside from that I like how everyone is getting on here to nit pick every little thing its petty and annoying and MOST of these people are EX STAFF. Do none of you have anything constructive to add if not just go do something else. In the mean time we can sit here and talk about semantics all day long and talk crap about each other or we can actually be more contributing to the community and actually do something.

I mean damn lets move on from childish arguing and childish attacks and lets get down to the real issues here.


Posts: 376,Topics: 93,
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 5:00 pm
The Patient
Donors
Karma: 151
#65 Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:34 pm by Deftsu
From my very recent experience on Redemption, they are quite forgiving with gear requirements just due to the sheer lack of players.
It must have been something personal.
Former DAA.
Image
User avatar

Posts: 1083,Topics: 151,
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:04 am
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Ambassador
Donors
Karma: 142
#66 Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:39 am by DragonScales
Oh yes something personal it has to be that let's see this is exactly how this played out.

I'm on eternal and someone from redemption comes on and says come over to redemption we have a raid going on. So being curious I logged onto my redemption character and was immediately greeted in whispers. Here is how that played out ..Redemption player: Hi want to join our raid , Me: Sure , what do you need ?, Redemption player: At least a 5.0 gs and above...and the rest is history ..so I mean I don't see how anything was personal in that conversation aside from the fact that a player in that raid said so himself that it was a basic minimal requirement to have a 5.0 gs..Now i don't know about you but you cant farm fos and pos solo on there without help , and if I were to say be a new player I'd still fall very short of the GS requirements he asked for. It had nothing to do with me as a person seeing as they had no clue it was me on my legit as you are trying to point out.

In the end if you are above the 5.0 GS Bracket then maybe you are greeted more warmly then I was and or you deal with people you know. Aside from all that all I was giving was my personal experience and relating it to if I was a new player I would have just left the server after reading someone say you need X thing especially when I switched realms to try a new one. Overall it's individual player experiences that determine what happens here because they talk to others and say hey don't raid with them they only take you at 5.0 GS and above which really limits anything you do on there. Another point being is that if they are as warm as you said it really wouldn't have turned out the way it did and to say they aren't all like that when one of the raiders who was doing the invites solo said this then yes redemption hasn't changed. Seven yrs ago it was GS Requirement and its the same today but i mean the difference is someone outright got on eternal to offer runs and didn't mention any GS requirement..All I ask is more transparency from people who run raids from there and awareness. If as you say they are warm and they do runs and help lower geared players then I'd like to test them in that, multiple times on multiple chars and see.


Posts: 376,Topics: 93,
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 5:00 pm
The Patient
Donors
Karma: 151


Advertisement
#67 Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:47 am by gardio1234
DragonScales wrote:@ Kriken you don't even play here you have no clue what happened and as i stated they wanted someone with a GS of 5k and higher so that ends that and to compare this to retail just a joke. Aside from that move on from me you must have a thing for me and spend all your time trying to put me down in all sorts of ways is just childish just move on man.

@ Deftsu I am sure we will all get an explanation soon "possibly"


Aside from that I like how everyone is getting on here to nit pick every little thing its petty and annoying and MOST of these people are EX STAFF. Do none of you have anything constructive to add if not just go do something else. In the mean time we can sit here and talk about semantics all day long and talk crap about each other or we can actually be more contributing to the community and actually do something.

I mean damn lets move on from childish arguing and childish attacks and lets get down to the real issues here.
As of right now, there aren't really any major fixes you can do to yield any significant results that will bring Eternal back from the ashes and turn it back into a fiery phoenix. That ship has long since passed, you had your turn but the time limit ran out and now you're pretty much expired. Sounds harsh, aye? It's the truth. Well, there are a few solutions to expired foods that will help extend its expiry date a little bit further. Those minor solutions are pretty much your only real feasible options as of currently, but you are not willing to do them - because yet again... they contain minor risks of backfiring. And speaking from personal experience, Eternal-WoW as of 2014 is not willing to take any risks no matter what. So we are expired food, it's realistic. But what is our best possible option to take as expired food? I mean, all kinds of foods no matter how tasty or appetizing they were will eventually expire - they simply just have different expiry dates. Should we just throw in the towel and savor these good memories we have of Eternal and still might be able to make more of for a little longer?

If you're wondering about those so called minor solutions, or anything along those lines - check player feedback throughout the years or perhaps even just the staff forums' suggestions, possibly even the meeting notes/recordings. There are plenty of different options you could have tried, some which are blatantly stupid and would in no way be put into practice. Others which could have been put into practice but were said at the wrong place at the wrong time and thus not given sufficient attention. Eternal-WoW has received many suggestions that were doable with reasonable chances of benefiting Eternal in the past, but they as a rule of thumb went in one ear and out the other. And any attempts at bringing them back up again to higher-ups were branded as old news and shut down immediately - or attempted to be put into practice, but shortly cancelled afterwards for being too much work and effort for the management.
Last edited by gardio1234 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Posts: 19,
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:31 am
Private
Registered users
Karma: 10
#68 Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:37 pm by durangobob
Played Redemption for a long time. Got banned a few times when I got pissed off at the condescending attitude of the staff, and told them to go shove it. Had a lot of good times, too.

If you want to continue to produce quality content, even if it's a copy, you need to continue to improve your own quality in turn. I don't imagine there are any actual professional programmers on the staff, nor have there been for quite some time. Maybe some hobbyists, or some college students... In any case, some of your high-ranking staff have historically been condescending pricks, while also being incredibly incompetent in the areas where people might actually be able to look beyond the flaws of the staff.

Eternal is like an obese woman who needs the fire department to come break down a wall and crane her out, but when I met her? She was the prom queen.

But then I ditched the prom queen because she was a shallow bitch. Her sister is a much nicer person.


You guys (staff) can basically say whatever you want at this point. You dropped the ball, kicked it down a stairwell where it fell into a drain, into the sewer, and who the hell knows from there. You have 116 players spread across multiple servers as I write this, so it's fairly irrelevant what you want now. You didn't want it bad enough when the garage door of opportunity was open. Shit happens.



Just shut down, already.

You're dragging this out, making a spectacle of yourselves, and delaying the inevitable in an incredibly undignified fashion.



Posts: 259,Topics: 10,
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:46 am
Challenger
Donors
Karma: 6
#69 Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:05 am by gardio1234
durangobob wrote:Played Redemption for a long time. Got banned a few times when I got pissed off at the condescending attitude of the staff, and told them to go shove it. Had a lot of good times, too.

If you want to continue to produce quality content, even if it's a copy, you need to continue to improve your own quality in turn. I don't imagine there are any actual professional programmers on the staff, nor have there been for quite some time. Maybe some hobbyists, or some college students... In any case, some of your high-ranking staff have historically been condescending pricks, while also being incredibly incompetent in the areas where people might actually be able to look beyond the flaws of the staff.

Eternal is like an obese woman who needs the fire department to come break down a wall and crane her out, but when I met her? She was the prom queen.

But then I ditched the prom queen because she was a shallow bitch. Her sister is a much nicer person.


You guys (staff) can basically say whatever you want at this point. You dropped the ball, kicked it down a stairwell where it fell into a drain, into the sewer, and who the hell knows from there. You have 116 players spread across multiple servers as I write this, so it's fairly irrelevant what you want now. You didn't want it bad enough when the garage door of opportunity was open. Shit happens.



Just shut down, already.

You're dragging this out, making a spectacle of yourselves, and delaying the inevitable in an incredibly undignified fashion.

I hate to say it, but I fully agree. How succinct and articulate, that's respectable. Now let's move on to better things, I have to reach Top 500 in Overwatch and break some personal records in the gym. See you.
User avatar

Posts: 19,
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:31 am
Private
Registered users
Karma: 10
#70 Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:32 pm by DragonScales
I don't even want to discuss this anymore to be honest unless you have concrete ways of helping to improve this place. Aside from that should you have constructive ideals then send them to the right people.


Posts: 376,Topics: 93,
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 5:00 pm
The Patient
Donors
Karma: 151
#71 Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:15 am by gargletide
Deftsu wrote:
Diethylamidex wrote:
    Dear Eternal Community,

    The results of the survey has been reviewed, a senior meeting took place and things will change. All senior staff was in attendance and know how the community feels.

    Your concerns have been met with open ears, be they scathing, critical or even praise. It is clear, many of you have issues with the way staff conducts itself. The status que is no more, the decay that ran rampant will be mended; we as a Staff, as a team, will work together to usher in a new era of transparency, professionalism and quality.

    Eternal-WoW Staff, will be changing and will be working on these key issues below.
    • Professionalism
    • Speed
    • Quality
    • Work Ethic
    • Attentiveness
    • Accountability
    • Transparency
    • Patience

    We as a whole, wish to thank you for taking your time to answer the survey. I also would like to assure you, that if you see Staff members, abusing, being unprofessional and just rude; it will be dealt with, with speed and without bias. Don't be afraid to report anyone, including Admins. Your reports will be looked at objectively and taken seriously.

    Thank you for reading,
    Community Manager Diethylamidex

The person delivering all of this "good news" is now banned.
Can we get an explanation as to why the person that is supposed to be representing the community and the staff team has just disappeared?
What a fantastic start to all these supposed changes.

e// I guess Kar was just a shitty choice for a community manager.


A ban being placed is the standard thing on staff accounts for a staff member who is no longer staff.

Either they got fired, retired, or the account is no longer to be used for some reason.


Posts: 0,
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:18 am
Private
Registered users
Karma: 0
#72 Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:26 am by Deftsu
gargletide wrote:A ban being placed is the standard thing on staff accounts for a staff member who is no longer staff.

Either they got fired, retired, or the account is no longer to be used for some reason.

Thanks for clarifying.
Former DAA.
Image
User avatar

Posts: 1083,Topics: 151,
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:04 am
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Ambassador
Donors
Karma: 142
#73 Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:53 am by Clismore2
DragonScales wrote:I don't even want to discuss this anymore to be honest unless you have concrete ways of helping to improve this place. Aside from that should you have constructive ideals then send them to the right people.


My friend, this thread is not an intervention, it is a eulogy.
User avatar

Posts: 599,Topics: 27,
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:19 am
Conqueror
Donors
Karma: 17
#74 Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:50 am by darrian12
Deftsu wrote:
gargletide wrote:A ban being placed is the standard thing on staff accounts for a staff member who is no longer staff.

Either they got fired, retired, or the account is no longer to be used for some reason.

Thanks for clarifying.


Sarcasm is strong within this one.
David.


Posts: 1443,Topics: 87,Images: 0
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:57 am
Location: The Netherlands
Ambassador
Donors
Karma: 233
#75 Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:24 pm by gardio1234
Isn't it about time the staff members or forum moderators close this thread?

It's pretty much nothing but salt, personal attacks or border-line verbal abuse.
User avatar

Posts: 19,
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:31 am
Private
Registered users
Karma: 10
#76 Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:39 pm by Bjergsen
Locking this topic to prevent more quarrels.
User avatar

Posts: 1513,Topics: 118,
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 1:24 am
The Diplomat
Senior Game Masters
Karma: 200
Topic locked Return to News Rate Topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. • 76 posts • Page 4 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Copyright 2017 by Eternal-WoW. All Rights Reserved.
No reproduction of this content without written authorization.