• Disable Clocks
    • Disable Effects
    • Refresh

For instructions on connecting to our 3.3.5a WotLK servers CLICK HERE

For instructions on connecting to our 4.X Cataclysm servers CLICK HERE

• elderx, Super Game Master 1 day ago
    Remorse! The Titans are back once again, come help me Defeat them @12:00 ST
  • elderx, Super Game Master 2 days ago
    Redemption! Lets find out how lucky are you today, Savory Deviate Roulette @ 11:35 ST
  • elderx, Super Game Master 4 days ago
    Eternal! Speedy is gone missing, come help me find him, Hide and Seek @ 12:45
  • elderx, Super Game Master 4 days ago
    Remorse! The Titans are here to conquer our world again, Come help me defeat them and defend our world! @10:40 ST
  • elderx, Super Game Master 5 days ago
    Redemption! Cloudy is gone missing come help me find her, Hide and Seek @ 13:45

Board index Discussion News

All is Forgiven!

Post a reply Rate Topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. • 15 posts • Page 1 of 1
#1 Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:54 pm by flyinglemmings
    Dear Eternal Community,

The administrative team and the GM Team have come to a conclusion that some existing bans are no longer appropriate given the duration and severity of the infraction.

We firmly believe that most of our community have a genuine desire to both enjoy playing on our servers and making our server an excellent environment for others to play in.

Eternal-WoW Staff will begin unbanning accounts for infractions. For players that wish to expedite their unban process, I encourage you to submit a ban appeal. If your ban reason and duration falls under the bans we are hoping to lift, it will be unbanned in a timely fashion.

Every infinite ban that fall under this category (up to December 2016) will be unbanned and given a fresh start.
    • Speed/fly/teleport/faction hacking
    • Staff Impersonation
    • Damage/Health Hacking
    • Bug abuse
    • Honour Farming / Wintrading (without gear removal or alt)

Ban reasons that are NOT included:
    • Advertising
    • Billing related bans
    • Account sharing / trading / selling (Account Recovery)
    • Other exceptional cases deemed detrimental to the public if unbanned

Keep in mind that the GM Team and in some cases, Administrative team, have the final say in whether a ban should be lifted. However, it does not hurt to try!

Let your friends know that previously rejected ban appeals now have an high chance of an unban! Should you have further questions, please feel free to post a reply or ask us on Discord. Our staff will not discuss account information on the public forums.

Kind regards,
    Eternal-WoW Staff

Ricecooker
Banned
#2 Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:26 am by Clismore2
If a player was permanently banned for an infraction, what makes you think that they would be around to see such a message? Would they really stick around, waiting with bated breath for the news of their reprieve? If they were enticed back by their friends (would a friend stick around if his or her friend was permanently banned?), would they want to stick around given the current state of the server?

Such a reversal on previously stringently-upheld rules is extremely perplexing. I hope that it has nothing to do with the quality of my most beloved Donation Team, and the duties that they may or may not be willing to fulfil.

Incidentally, all you are doing is giving a free pass to those who may do this in future.

It also seems like you're being rather lax on such issues because of perceived fears that the population is declining. Maybe you might comment on such matters?

I'd prefer you attempted to raise the roof rather than lower the floor, but then again I wouldn't dream of telling such a synergistic team what they ought and oughtn't do.

Conqueror
Donors
#3 Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:13 pm by flyinglemmings
    Good day Clismore2,

Thank you for posting a reply. Bans are being reduced internally and through ban appeals. Those that are internally unbanned through the list of accounts we have compiled, will have an email sent out to their registered account email. Furthermore, pending the upcoming staff discussions, we will be hopefully be sending an email out to all banned accounts to notify them of our decision.

As for your theoretical questions, we can provide no definitive answer. Should they remain and check in occasionally on their account, then I hope they will read this message.

I am unsure as to to how the Donation Team is brought into this topic of unbans. Perhaps you can explain further regarding this point. As far as I know, ban types such as the ones I listed above (which are unrelated to DT) are being unbanned. Rest assured, the beloved Donation Team is functioning quite well.

Clismore2 wrote:It also seems like you're being rather lax on such issues because of perceived fears that the population is declining. Maybe you might comment on such matters?

Our rules for banning those type of infractions have relaxed considerably many months ago. This is an action taken by us to ensure older accounts that were treated with an older set of consequences consolidates with our current rules.

We will have to take one step at a time, Clismore2. While unbans have been done before, none have taken the liberty to announce it to the general public. I will convey your message to the GM Team to review their current standards.

As always, if you have further questions, please do not hesitate to reply.

Kind regards,
    Donation Admin Flyinglemmings
    Eternal-WoW Donation/Management Team

Ricecooker
Banned
#4 Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:03 am by Deftsu
Nice to see you heeding my advice.
Former DAA.

Ambassador
Donors
#5 Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:26 am by flyinglemmings
    Hi Deftsu,

It is another necessary step taken by staff to consolidate past policies with current ones. We hope that this action is the first of many based off the suggestions of players, such as yourself. Thank you for taking the time to suggest actions to us.

While our capabilities are limited in areas, we are hoping that players will once again see that our staff is understanding and open to hearing & implementing beneficial solutions.

As always, should you have suggestions and/or concerns, please feel free to voice them to the appropriate channel (be it the forums, discord, forum PM).

Kind regards,
    Donation Admin Flyinglemmings
    Eternal-WoW Donation/Management Team

Ricecooker
Banned
#6 Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:01 pm by Deftsu
Just make sure you send them an email, you'd be surprised how often the people that this is targeted at check the forums. :geek:
Former DAA.

Ambassador
Donors

Advertisement
#7 Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:14 pm by Diethylamidex
Deftsu wrote:Just make sure you send them an email, you'd be surprised how often the people that this is targeted at check the forums. :geek:

Great idea and that is what we're doing, we think that is the most optimal method! I hope you will continue to give suggestions and ideas, Deftsu!

Have a great day,
Community Manager Diethylamdex

Duelist
Banned
#8 Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:24 pm by Deftsu
Diethylamidex wrote:
Deftsu wrote:Just make sure you send them an email, you'd be surprised how often the people that this is targeted at check the forums. :geek:

Great idea and that is what we're doing, we think that is the most optimal method! I hope you will continue to give suggestions and ideas, Deftsu!

Have a great day,

Don't patronize me.
Former DAA.

Ambassador
Donors
#9 Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:34 pm by Diethylamidex
Deftsu wrote:Don't patronize me.

I'm sorry I gave that impression, I was being sincere and wish that you will give suggestions in the future.

Sorry again,

Duelist
Banned
#10 Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:44 pm by khaled9
flyinglemmings wrote:Every infinite ban that fall under this category (up to December 2016) will be unbanned and given a fresh start.
Speed/fly/teleport/faction hacking
Staff Impersonation
Damage/Health Hacking
Bug abuse
Honour Farming / Wintrading (without gear removal or alt)

Every category of that is either a temporary ban or a ban that has been lifted in early 2016 due to the system Vermilion has made.
A lot of accounts have been unbanned however we failed to unban every single account due to the huge amount of banned accounts as well as us being short handed.
you gotta include more categories if you want to add "something new" to the already existed idea in staff...

Deftsu wrote:Nice to see you heeding my advice.

You were part of that as well, how was that your idea?

We skipped this step "for now" at the time due to the amount it took to send an email separately for each person, however a spreadsheet was made to keep a track of each player that got unbanned..

Crusader
Donors
#11 Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:50 am by Deftsu
@khaled9
I was referencing a very recent period of time, before the new realm was essentially public knowledge -- it made sense to rejuvenate that project and incorporate the emails to notify of said new realm.
Former DAA.

Ambassador
Donors
#12 Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:10 am by kriken
khaled9 wrote:We skipped this step "for now" at the time due to the amount it took to send an email separately for each person

It was skipped not because of time but because @eternal-wow.com was blacklisted by many email providers and ended up in junk and a decision could not be made on what they wanted mailing list provider they wanted to use (ie did not want to fork out $ for a decent one)
Former Lead Helper and Donation Assistant

Conqueror
Donors
#13 Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:37 pm by emilylol
please unban melker1336 its my old account
shut up fag

Private
Registered users
#14 Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:06 am by Bjergsen
emilylol wrote:please unban melker1336 its my old account

Greetings,

Unbans can't be discussed here, please log on the banned account and create ban appeal.

Warm Regards,
Senior GM Bjergsen

HUH?
Banned
#15 Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:29 pm by emilylol
Bjergsen wrote:
emilylol wrote:please unban melker1336 its my old account

Greetings,

Unbans can't be discussed here, please log on the banned account and create ban appeal.

Warm Regards,
Senior GM Bjergsen

I dont remember the password, prolly not email either :(
shut up fag

Private
Registered users
Post a reply Return to News Rate Topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. • 15 posts • Page 1 of 1