• Disable Livestream
    • Disable Slider
    • Disable Clocks
    • Disable Effects
    • Refresh

For instructions on connecting to our 3.3.5a WotLK servers CLICK HERE

For instructions on connecting to our 4.X Cataclysm servers CLICK HERE

Mickox2, Super Forum Mod 1 hour ago
Santa wants to give you VIP gifts! Signature of the Week #32 is up! go suprise santa with your submissions! http://goo.gl/Gpwg6C
Mickox2, Super Forum Mod 23 hours ago
Congratulations to the winners of Word Match #10 forum event! check them out! http://goo.gl/VOzdZb
eventgm5, Super Game Master 1 day ago
Redemption! The master and lord of the Scourge was sent to destroy Argent Tournament Grounds. Defeat the Lich King at 10:40 ST!
eventgm5, Super Game Master 1 day ago
Eternal! The Infinite Dragonflight has corrupted the Dragon Aspects! Fight them and preserve the time ways in The Obsidian Sanctum at 6:30ST
Xaviortemplar, Banned 1 day ago
Remorse! XaviorTemplar has hidden and is challenging you to find him at 10:15 ST!

Board index Discussion News

Youtube Contest: Eternal-WoW's Third Birthday!

Topic locked Rate Topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. • 43 posts • Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3
#1 Wed May 16, 2012 10:40 pm by Wraist
Objective: If you would like to enter this contest, you must design a video to be uploaded on youtube that promotes and/or celebrates Eternal-WoW on its third birthday! Please post the link to your video submission as a comment on this thread.

Rewards: The top three submissions, depending on the quality of each, will be awarded a substantial amount of VIP points. This is the current reward scheme that I have in mind:
1st - 5000 VIP points
2nd - 2500 VIP points
3rd - 1000 VIP points

The Deadline: Wednesday, May 30th

Contest Criteria: show more
I will review all the submissions at the close of the contest and evaluate each video on the following categories:
1. Overall quality of the video: This includes video resolution, the editing, and the overall "feel" of the video.
2. Make it Enjoyable!: Keep in mind that this contest is all about fun. We're trying to show the private server community that Eternal-WoW can PARTY! :music-guitarred: :music-headbanger: :music-rockout:
3. Focus: Keep in mind that this will be a video to promote Eternal-WoW on it's third birthday, so do your best to keep it fun! More video contests will be hosted in the future which will have a broader range of available subjects for you to base your videos on.
4. Music: This category will be graded on both the quality of the music and how much it relates to the video you make.
NOTE: Any submissions with copyrighted music will be automatically denied unless you have express permission to use that content.
5. Originality: Be creative! I will enjoy videos much more if they are creative, and if there is a story line to the video that will be a HUGE plus.

Objective: show more
The main objective that I'm aiming for with this contest is to basically reward the players for having some fun while promoting the server that we all love, Eternal-WOW. A video that is fun and inviting to potential players will have a much higher chance of winning than a video, of say, Taurens grazing in Mulgore. Keep this in mind when you're making your video, even having a bunch of fun with your friends leading up to the birthday would be great if you could capture the fun for potential viewers.

On that note, don't include anything that might discourage anyone from joining us here at Eternal-WoW. We're trying to increase our community and in turn this will increase the amount of people that you get to play with or faceroll! ;)

Tips on how to win this contest: show more
  • The Details of Your Video: Make sure Eternal-WoW is in the title of the video and description, and include a link to http://www.eternal-wow.com in the description along with "set realmlist logon.eternal-wow.com".
  • Go HD: Make it in true HD, which means 720p or higher.
  • Length: 1-4 minutes long should be a good time anything longer is unnecessary unless you're planning on doing a full-on Machinima. If that is the case then the sky is the limit!
  • Editing: More than 2-4 seconds of the same scene on a video is like an eternity, keep each scene or shot short to make a better quality video. HINT: We are impressed by quality editing!
  • Synchronization: Include music that follows with the tempo and theme of the scene playing in the video. HINT: We are impressed with good syncronization of editing and music!
  • Make it fun!

Keep it above the belt: show more
Please don't trash each others videos in the comments as the real goal here is to increase player count through video advertising. If I see anyone trashing someone else's video in a non-constructive way, you will be automatically disqualified from the competition. Any criticism that isn't constructive will be deleted.

An example of constructive criticism could be:

Wraist's video could use some better synchronization, and the quality isn't too great either! However I liked how his scenes were short and he demonstrated how fun Eternal-WoW can really be.

An example of non-constructive criticism:
Wraistz vid sux, bro

Are you a power YouTuber? Youtube account request: show more
On a side note we are requesting anyone out there who has a highly subscribed youtube account/channel to download all of Eternal-WoW's videos on youtube (there are many) and reupload to their account. This is for safe keeping since videos tend to disappear over time. If you are willing to upload the video on your account please leave a comment stating how many subscribers/views you have on your youtube account. Feel free to do this on your own, but if you intend to seriously reupload all of our library of videos, send me a private PM and we'll reward your efforts on completion.

The Diplomat
Banned
#2 Thu May 17, 2012 3:14 am by krusc
And when i make the video and upload to youtube i send u a pm or how? TNx
Lifezone - DeathKnight SR3++
Krusc - Hunter SR3++
Kirckhoff - Paladin Brutal

Private
Registered users
#3 Thu May 17, 2012 5:23 am by OVERLORDCHAOS
i am going to pass-out from this oportunity since it will be insane take 2-4 seconds of anything from wowtlk, paste it with nice music and make it look like a fun server...
besides the machinima style of stuff its not my style.
i think that everyone we have a different style, and you putting "a contest criteria" looks more if we where some sort of video directors tryng to make a video to get the job with the criteria you like.
i think you should just tell some guidelines (not a extrict criteria) and see what its the result of the community.
but with this criteria... nvm i will not die if i dont get 5000 vip points.

Challenger
Banned
#4 Thu May 17, 2012 5:59 am by nickotino
to download all of Eternal-WoW's videos on youtube (there are many)

I cant find any video at all on Eternal wows official youtube channel... :?
how many rogues does it take to gank a paladin?

one to gank him and the other to wait at the inn.

Ambassador
Donors
#5 Thu May 17, 2012 6:48 am by infinitydevin
Ack. I so wanna do this thing, but I'm going to be away from my computer for a week, because of a week-long trip I'm taking with my school, to Yellow Mountain (yes, that's in China xD ). By the time I get back, I won't have any time to do it. Can't start now cuz I have 3 friggin' exams tomorrow, so yeah...

And the requirements kind of make it sound like a commercial... xD

EDIT: Oh, and Youtube's blocked in China too...
Remorse
Thyrona- Night Elf Death Knight [Full SR3 (13.7mil)]
Nathyria- Blood Elf Hunter [Full SR3+Panda (13.2mil)]
Arlienne- Night Elf Druid [Full SR3 (9.6mil)]
Eternal
Vivya- Night Elf Restoration Druid [Full Relentless]

Duelist
Registered users
#6 Thu May 17, 2012 9:28 am by Xkay
I will go all in on this :P
It will be fun to see the best ;)

i request, eternal-wows logo as png file =3
It makes i a lot more easy to work with ;)

and in HD, hehe 1280p :P

-Xkay

Private
Donors

Advertisement
#7 Thu May 17, 2012 1:31 pm by oscarmiranda90
lol im working on this :D i love making videos

-- Thu May 17, 2012 5:48 pm --

i have a question... can i use a LMFAO song? lol and of course saying that they have all rights and all that legal stuff?

Private
Donors
#8 Thu May 17, 2012 8:25 pm by amadius
krusc wrote:And when i make the video and upload to youtube i send u a pm or how? TNx

Post a link to the video on this thread.

The Exalted
Banned
#9 Sat May 19, 2012 4:57 pm by maggiser
Hey! im infap, playing on eternal wow as a arms/fury warrior.
I am currently uplading my video, may take some time..
My video is not about showing skillz or showing that im playing on 2k rating.
The main reason is to show how fun warrior is! I will link the video when it is done!
Its mainly a warrior montage, where i show the most fun and epic arena and bg footage. I have given alot of time in to the edeting, so please give me so constructive critic.
And i am realy sorry for my bad typing.. i suck at typing english....
-thanks

Private
Donors
#10 Sat May 19, 2012 6:36 pm by thyrat
Hello, here's my video, hope you guys enjoy it. Pretty short but taked me a lot to edit...Maybe not the best but i did my best try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9lW3KPA3Ts

Private
Donors
#11 Sat May 19, 2012 6:56 pm by ChuckieThmas
thyrat wrote:Hello, here's my video, hope you guys enjoy it. Pretty short but taked me a lot to edit...Maybe not the best but i did my best try.

Actually enjoyed this. But you forgot one thing, Eternal-WoW has cata as well.
hi i'm steve.

Conqueror
Registered users
#12 Sat May 19, 2012 7:45 pm by DesTroo
Hey, I´m gonna do such a promote too.
I have just one question: Are there 5 or 6 realms?
Thank you!

*edit: playable realms*
K.

Private
Registered users
#13 Sat May 19, 2012 10:45 pm by amadius
DesTroo wrote:Hey, I´m gonna do such a promote too.
I have just one question: Are there 5 or 6 realms?
Thank you!

*edit: playable realms*

The Exalted
Banned
#14 Sun May 20, 2012 2:03 am by nofx161
thyrat wrote:Hello, here's my video, hope you guys enjoy it. Pretty short but taked me a lot to edit...Maybe not the best but i did my best try.

Good work! Only thing is like chucky said , the cata realms but Very good Video!! Keep up the good work

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Conqueror
Registered users
#15 Sun May 20, 2012 4:04 am by maggiser
Here is my video for eternal wow!
This is me playing on my warrior, and i realy just want to show how fun i have playing on this server, and that warrior is a extremly fun class!
I have tried to edit my best! The video is 17 minutes, 6 minutes of the video is a thumbnail, so it will go away but it might take some time.
So the video is going to last about 11 minutes.
-thank you, and i hope you guys enjoy it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlaEc4W8zTs
WATCH IN 1080P<3

Private
Donors
#16 Sun May 20, 2012 4:13 am by Xkay

Good video =3

But

Hmm maybe should you change the font.
Some of the letters is not read able, and you will need to see it more times to understand and be able to read it :ugeek:

gretz Xkay

Private
Donors
PostThis post was deleted by poserism on Sun May 20, 2012 5:31 am.
Reason: Dissrespectfull comments.
PostThis post was deleted by Wraist on Sun May 20, 2012 9:39 pm.
Reason: non-constructive criticism
#19 Sun May 20, 2012 4:40 am by maggiser
Impulsivity wrote:Objective: If you would like to enter this contest, you must design a video to be uploaded on youtube that promotes and/or celebrates Eternal-WoW on its third birthday! Please post the link to your video submission as a comment on this thread.

Rewards: The top three submissions, depending on the quality of each, will be awarded a substantial amount of VIP points. This is the current reward scheme that I have in mind:
1st - 5000 VIP points
2nd - 2500 VIP points
3rd - 1000 VIP points

The Deadline: Sunday, May 27th

Contest Criteria: I will review all the submissions at the close of the contest and evaluate each video on the following categories:
1. Overall quality of the video: This includes video resolution, the editing, and the overall "feel" of the video.
2. Make it Enjoyable!: Keep in mind that this contest is all about fun. We're trying to show the private server community that Eternal-WoW can PARTY! :music-guitarred: :music-headbanger: :music-rockout:
3. Focus: Keep in mind that this will be a video to promote Eternal-WoW on it's third birthday, so do your best to keep it fun! More video contests will be hosted in the future which will have a broader range of available subjects for you to base your videos on.
4. Music: This category will be graded on both the quality of the music and how much it relates to the video you make.
NOTE: Any submissions with copyrighted music will be automatically denied unless you have express permission to use that content.
5. Originality: Be creative! I will enjoy videos much more if they are creative, and if there is a story line to the video that will be a HUGE plus.

Objective: show more
The main objective that I'm aiming for with this contest is to basically reward the players for having some fun while promoting the server that we all love, Eternal-WOW. A video that is fun and inviting to potential players will have a much higher chance of winning than a video, of say, Taurens grazing in Mulgore. Keep this in mind when you're making your video, even having a bunch of fun with your friends leading up to the birthday would be great if you could capture the fun for potential viewers.

On that note, don't include anything that might discourage anyone from joining us here at Eternal-WoW. We're trying to increase our community and in turn this will increase the amount of people that you get to play with or faceroll! ;)

Tips on how to win this contest: show more
  • The Details of Your Video: Make sure Eternal-WoW is in the title of the video and description, and include a link to http://www.eternal-wow.com in the description along with "set realmlist logon.eternal-wow.com".
  • Go HD: Make it in true HD, which means 720p or higher.
  • Length: 1-4 minutes long should be a good time anything longer is unnecessary unless you're planning on doing a full-on Machinima. If that is the case then the sky is the limit!
  • Editing: More than 2-4 seconds of the same scene on a video is like an eternity, keep each scene or shot short to make a better quality video. HINT: We are impressed by quality editing!
  • Synchronization: Include music that follows with the tempo and theme of the scene playing in the video. HINT: We are impressed with good syncronization of editing and music!
  • Make it fun!

Please don't trash each others videos in the comments as the real goal here is to increase player count through video advertising. If I see anyone trashing someone else's video in a non-constructive way, you will be automatically disqualified from the competition. Any criticism that isn't constructive will be deleted.

An example of constructive criticism could be:

Wraist's video could use some better synchronization, and the quality isn't too great either! However I liked how his scenes were short and he demonstrated how fun Eternal-WoW can really be.

An example of non-constructive criticism:
Wraistz vid sux, bro

Are you a power YouTuber? Youtube account request: show more
On a side note we are requesting anyone out there who has a highly subscribed youtube account/channel to download all of Eternal-WoW's videos on youtube (there are many) and reupload to their account. This is for safe keeping since videos tend to disappear over time. If you are willing to upload the video on your account please leave a comment stating how many subscribers/views you have on your youtube account. Feel free to do this on your own, but if you intend to seriously reupload all of our library of videos, send me a private PM and we'll reward your efforts on completion.

Well i didnt get shit support for my video or any constructive critism, and i made the video to show that i like playing on eternal wow. Maybe not the video you guys expected but its still a video.. Its not a video to promote eternal wow.

Private
Donors
#20 Sun May 20, 2012 12:37 pm by amadius
maggiser wrote:Well i didnt get shit support for my video or any constructive critism, and i made the video to show that i like playing on eternal wow. Maybe not the video you guys expected but its still a video.. Its not a video to promote eternal wow.

Getting upset with everyone isn't a very productive way to gain any advice. I'll overlook the comments you made and help you out a bit. First thing, is it always better to go with a shorter video than a longer one. Also, try to get some other aspects of the server/game into the video. There isn't a need to rush so give it some thought. Thats about as much as I can say, so keep up the hard work.

Regards,

Amadeous

The Exalted
Banned
Topic locked Return to News Rate Topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. • 43 posts • Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3