The future of Eternal-WoW
The CTD & Dev Team proudly presents the future of Eternal-WoW - Mists of Pandaria!
1. Mists of Pandaria - new features
2. Planned settings for the new realm
- Patch: 5.4.8
- Instant level 85
- Pandaren will not start at level 85 (they will start at level 1 and will be set to level 85, once they have completed the starting area "The Wandering Isle")
- It will be a PvP/E Realm (like Redemption, but your PvP state is always active)
- Content nearly Blizzlike (with higher XP rates)
- We will open the Raids/Dungeons/Battlegrounds/Arenas/Zones in the Blizzlike timeline (keyword: "Progression Raiding")
- We will re-invent the VIP System for the new realm
- And more to come!
- We will open a couple of PTR realms (to test specific content, e.g. only BGs are available)
- Launch the realm (Only BGs and Dungeons will be available - Arenas & Raids are closed)
- Launch the first raid content and the first arena season
4. Why do we setup a couple of PTR realms?
The PTR realms will be related to the specific content we have to work on. At the moment, we have planned 4 different PTR realms:
- 1. Only the Pandaran race & their starting area will be available
- 2. Instant level 90 - but only BGs and Arenas will be available
- 3. Instant level 90 - but only Dungeons will be available
- 4. Instant level 90 - but only Pandaria and the quest zones will be available
5. Why MoP? What about Classic, TBC, Cata or WoD?
Well, let me explain this a little bit in detail:
Classic is a very strong game and it requires a higher player base, since you have raids around, where you need 40 players. The possible player base for a Classic Realm is really low, so the chances are very high that this realm will not succeed.
- The Burning Crusade
For a lot of players (myself included) TBC was the best expansion - a bit easier than Classic, but much stronger than Wotlk, but here we have the exact same problem - the possible player base is low, so it could also fail.
Cata was the first attempt by Blizzard, to reinvent the game (changing the whole Classic content, changing the entire mechanics of spells, UI, etc.) - one of the biggest problems for TrinityCore and other communities. They have started to work on Cata too late, so they have missed the chance to get the correct data from retail (keyword: Opcodes). We already have a Cata realm around but we need a fresh, new realm to attract new players and new means to advertise the realm/s.
- Warlords of Draenor
Well, the only "real good" core for WoD around is the WoD Branch from TrinityCore. But this core is more like a sandbox. Blizzard has added a lot of new features in WoD (keywords: Garrison, timetravel dungeons, new quest phasing, etc. etc.). It would take too long, until we can setup at least a "working" PTR for WoD. Another example is the world db. On our Blizzlike Wotlk realms we have more then 35,000 spawned NPCs in Northrend (except the dungeons & raids). The WoD Core of TrinityCore has exactly 127 spawned NPCs in Draenor (0 in Pandaria) and the spawns of the dungeons and raids are not even better. Of course - other servers already have a running WoD Realm and we could also do this, but time is the real problem here. We are stuck on our realms with the actual content, it is getting boring - we need something new. To wait a few months, until we would have at least a "playable" PTR, well - a bad idea in our opinion.
- Mists of Pandaria
We have a very good MoP Core and Database, which will allow us to setup a MoP realm in the near future. Of course it is not bugfree and it won't be 100% bugfree when we launch the new realm, but you have seen the new core and the actual state of it - the new realm will also have the high quality standard Eternal has been known for.
6. Progression Raiding
We have made the decision to do this since it will attract a lot of players. Try to see Redemption or Genesis within the eyes of a new player - everything is open and most of the active guilds are only running ICC. With progression raiding, there will be a lot of content waiting for you and the game won't get stale. I have already checked the DBCs and maps - there are a lot of unused maps. It will also be possible to really release our own dungeon & raid for an event.
7. Arenas & Battlegrounds
The PvP content will be directly connected to the PvE content. If we will release a new raid content (so we go ahead in the patch line) and Blizzard has released a new BG/Arena within this content - we will enable it.
8. The CTD Team wants you!
We need more Testers for this new expansion!
Contact Lead CTD Elevim (me) or any of the Senior CTDs(Thunder or Amrit) through TeamSpeak/Forum PM and we will host the interview right away.
Yes, that means no need to make an application.
We are searching for a name for the new realm! Submit your suggestions here